POSITION: Residential Shelter Director
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: The Shelter Director is primarily responsible for the safety, functioning, and overall operations of the Verde Valley Sanctuary shelter compound. Minimum two (2) years’ experience in behavioral health services to adults in crisis intervention. Must have knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault, the spectrum of behavioral health issues, and PTSD-related Trauma Informed Care. Must be familiar with the diagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree or higher
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Master’s degree in Counseling, LAC, EMDR, DBT
CLEARANCE: Fingerprint Card, TB Test, Central Registry
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: The Shelter Director is primarily responsible for the safety, functioning, and overall operations of the Verde Valley Sanctuary shelter compound. Additional responsibilities of individual and/or group counseling, intakes, advocacy, and intensive case management if applicable.
- Primary responsibility is to oversee operation of shelter/provision of client services.
- Provide direct supervision of all assigned shelter staff.
- Insure all policies and activities are implemented as directed by Executive Director.
- To see that all clients are provided case management, crisis counseling, emotional support, treatment/service plans as well as individual counseling and group counseling as needed.
- Oversee and provide support to volunteers as appropriate.
- Oversee maintenance of all client files.
- Accept and provide appropriate support referrals; maintain supportive referral network.
- In collaboration with Executive Director provide probationary and annual evaluations to assigned staff; update policy manuals.
- Work with the Executive Director to resolve employee corrective actions, grievances, or performance related problems as well as client grievances.
- Compile data, reports, and grant reviews preparations.
- Conduct community trainings and outreach presentations if needed.
- Provide client’s/staff information on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault issues, services.
- Provide training and information on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault to employers, medical, Social Service and community agencies.
- Develop and maintain liaison with local police agencies, courts, state agencies such as DES and CPS, social services and community agencies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org